Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Day in A Life: August

A Day in A life:  AUGUST

I really enjoy doing this project, although I bombed this month because it was going to be insanely crazy on the 4th so I did the 3rd.  It was too boring of a day to get in 14 pictures.  I am really a boring person, sad. I will try to do something exciting next month.

 Knowing you have to take your kids school supply shopping is a dreaded moment.  Finding an extra big box of Hot Tamales in my sock drawer…SO AWESOME!!
 First, I wasn't taking anyone out in public unless they look clean and happy and like someone cares about them!  So…Tate took the slowest bath in history.  Filling it up so very slow.  I just smiled and told him what a good choice he was making.  3 of my kids hate showering and baths.  They hate being clean I guess which is a battle.
 So many school supplies, with the help of the kids getting their own and me refereeing that helps a lot but it is always crowded and can be frustrating.  3 grades and a lot of stuff.  We tried to beat the giant storm.  We drove through it, ran inside the store while it was sprinkling, and it hit while we were inside!  During shopping I say things like "why are dry erasers so expensive when we need 24 all together" and "for goodness sake just pick a folder!"  Add in a bulk box of snacks for each class and socks. It is the most un-fun bill of the summer.
Side note…of course, Caleb "accidentally" only brought one shoe (I think he was hoping we would have to go home).  I made him sit in the cart while school supplies were being tossed in left and right.  I am very sure that next time he will choose differently.
 The kids were excited to divide and pack.  I called out who needed what and they dug through the pile.
 Aubrey is the most organized of course having to put everything in her backpack in the order it says on the list, Caleb would just assume fold everything and crumble it to fit, and Ainsley puts everything in every single pocket.
 Tate felt left out the he didn't get to buy school supplies, until he opened his birthday card and his Preschool teacher sent a text saying he needed glue sticks!  
 Sharpening 100 pencils is a terrible sound.  Time consuming.
Lets not forget about Winston's involvement in all of this.  He got a hold of a tissue box.  WINSTON!!!!

School prep was done.  Of course, I forgot a couple of things but not so bad!  Until next year, or until January when most the supplies are out and I have to stock up again.

Check out Clair's Day in A Life! http://cgdickson.com, follow the circle!!

1 comment:

Bryan and Katie said...

Soooo excited for you guys having another baby! I didn't know you had been trying...I know what that's like. Happy it worked!