Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

The 4th of July this year was a little tricky but we ended up having a blast. We headed to Winsdor (our usual tradition). In the 6 years we have been married we have been to Windsor for all 6! I was not going to let contractions, swelling, and high blood pressure get in the way of the funnest Summer event!!!
It was an overcast day with sprinkles on and off but the kids didn't care. They loved being reunited with their cousins. We arrived to the park late so we missed all the children activities but the kids didn't seem to mind and loved playing on the play ground with Faith!The teeter toter was a Griner favorite!
Caleb's feet couldn't touch the ground so he needed assistance!
Of course Ainsley didn't want to be left out! After hunting down and holding a turtle left over from the turtle race she joined the rest of the kids on the teeter toter!
Back at the house we had a big late lunch followed by birthday celebrations. Happy Birthday Marlene and Dave! Marlene was nice enough to let Caleb help blow out the candles!
Ainsley loved her eye patch that she got from the pinata. She wore it for almost an hour!
This was the first year the kids have gone to a firework show! Aubrey went when she was a baby and we haven't done it since. It was "so magical" and "wow!"
Caleb (of course) had to try out the porta potty before viewing the firework show. Yuck!! Then he sat in complete silence watching!
Olivia, Paul, Aubrey, Caleb, and Ainsley loved the "Griner Tradition" popcorn while watching the 15 minute firework show. Even Ainsely liked them!! All in all it was probably one of the best 4th of July's ever! Hopefully, I will have more pictures soon of the pinata and slip n' slide.

News:
1. I am still pregnant...on bed rest but I did make it through the 4th! I have a doctors appointment on Thursday so we will see how that goes.
2. We did finally agree on a name and No it is not Bleeker...although Andy's Aunt July "JUST LOVED" that name when I ran it past her and sorry dad but it is not baby Delton!

Good News:
1. Ainsley went to the bathroom like a "Big Girl"...I was laying in bed today and I heard Aubrey say, "Ainsley has to go to the bathroom. I will help her. She really has to go!"
I said, "NO, she is not potty trained. She is wearing a diaper. Please don't. Get out of the bathroom!"
Aubrey said, "But she said MOM!"
...a couple of seconds past and I was about to get out of bed to survey the damage done when Caleb and Aubrey ran in the room yelling, "She did it MOM! She is a big girl!"
When I went in the bathroom Ainsley was still sitting on the toilet clapping!
So, CONGRATS to Ainsley and Aubrey you are such a great big sister!
2. My little sister Steffaney should be getting her mission call any day now! I am so excited and hope I was right on her destination! Any day now!!!

2 comments:

Hepworth Family said...

Well I'm glad that you enjoyed your 4th of July Celebrations despite being pregnant. I hope that you can keep that baby in there for a little while longer and that labor goes well. Take Care!
~Britt~

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

That is soo cute! I can just imagine Ainsley sitting there!

ttys!